One of our favorite podcasts, Happier, brought up the idea of “18 in 2018” and Andrea and I both decided to come up with a list of 18. The list can compromise of anything you want to accomplish this year. It can be a one time event or something that you are working on for the entire year. We were both a little hesitant to add more to our to do list with the Happiness project going on, but since it can be a combination of both one time events and something you are working on the whole year, we thought we could give it a good effort. So here are our lists…
- Read 18 books–for most this may not be many, but it is a challenge for me
- Finish Mudroom Cabinets–final paint, vinyl names for each cubby, baskets for shelves
- Piano or Keyboard–decide which one will work best for our family and placement
- Plan a trip to a National Park
- Start a garden
- Take a cooking class online–whether it be on Youtube or Great Courses
- Run 3 races–any length, any month
- Make yearly photo books–use my already purchased digital albums from Collage.com
- Finish 1st year scrapbooks–all 3 albums are at different points and need to be finished
- Deck lights solution–i have string lights for the deck but need a better way to hang them
- Fix my bike–needs to be taken in for a tune up
- Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack–my son keeps asking to go for rides outside of our neighborhood, but I can’t because I have no way to transport my bike
- Thursday morning yoga–I want to get better at yoga and can only do this with more practice
- One new clothing item a month–I hate shopping, but desperately need to upgrade my wardrobe
- Find a new band/artist to listen to
- Talk to Lamis about job–a friend does consulting work that may just be right up my alley
- Decorate my room–it’s extremely plain and I want it to make me feel happy every time I walk in
- Upgrade kids bathroom–the bathroom needs a more kid friendly sink and a tile floor that isn’t hideous
- Post one blog post per week.
- Get my printer talking to my computer (they haven’t been speaking in years).
- Finish 1 sewing project every month – I have a huge backlog of projects…this really should be two projects per month but one is more reasonable.
- Read more books than I did in 2017 – I read 110 last year and I am shooting for 120 this year.
- Organize my garage – now that it is cleaned out, I want to put up shelves and organize it in a useful and convenient way.
- Finish the Domo houses – if you know me well, then you know I love Domos and I have been wanting to do little “houses” for them for years. I have two complete and just need to finish the rest.
- Learn to make pasta – I have all of the Kitchenaid attachments to do this and have never done it.
- Take a beginner dance class – I found a studio in North Park, the neighborhood I live in, I just need to take the plunge.
- Put 10% of every paycheck into savings.
- Finish the rug for the kitchen.
- Hike all of the trails in Balboa Park – there are a lot and I want to do all of them especially since I live right next to the park.
- Read 2 nonfiction books on Irish folklore.
- Run/hike/walk purposely 1000 miles this year.
- Research techniques to help me focus – I have been having a problem focusing on getting things done at home and work and I want/need to be better at focusing.
- Learn to make pie crust – I got a cool pie cookbook for Christmas.
- Keep dining room table and desk free of clutter – seriously, they are clutter magnets – check both once per week.
- Read Stephen King’s It.
- Do at least one yoga video or go to a class once every week.
Let us know what your lists are and how awesome it feels to check something off.
Your fellow travelers,
Andrea & Annie
Photo Credit: Checklist by Alan Dean